How to fix 4.3 OTA X logo problem on Nexus 4
Great! I bought the Nexus 4 to solve the updates problem. i was so happy :)
A week ago, i got an OTA update about version 4.3, first time i got android update.
Excited, Immediately i confirmed to perform the update. the result was a soft-bricked device stuck at the X logo for (theoretically) eternity.
Frustration began, and i started to Google for days, trying to solve the problem.
I managed to downgrade back to 4.2.2 pretty easy and decided not to give up after Google told me that i need to contact LG problem.... (Thank you for taking responsibility on your own device and not give any official response for that issue!)
Just so you know, the problem is with the baseband, baseband is a software that operate the radio in the device (the one that is responsible for your calls and data).
On some devices, the new baseband is not ways working with the device and it get stuck.
The SolutionSo... This is what you need to do in order to make the update work:
1. turn if off, press the turn off button (the on in the right) for along time until the device is off
2. turn it to fastboot mode doing long pressing the turn on button and both volume up and down buttons
3. Now, you will need the android SDK with you (in windows you'll need driver and use fastboot.exe), using cmd, at sdk/platform-tools, do :
- fastboot oem unlock
4. the device will ask you to confirm that. go to yes and confirm with the power button (no worries, you can bring it back to locked)
Now, download 4.2.2 updates from google:
extract it and put the fastboot file in the directory to the fastboot.exe directory
Now, we will downgrade the radio:
Connect the device to the computer and perform the following steps:
- fastboot flash radio radio-mako-m9615a-cefwmazm-2.
- fastboot reboot-bootloader
reboot the device and enjoy 4.3 :)
I hope it will help :)